Risk of HIV through cunnilingus
Jun 30, 2013
I performed unprotected cunnilingus 2 weeks ago on a women I do not know and now have swollen neck glands and a mild fever, am I at risk for HIV? or other STD's/STI's I am concerned.
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi We know that oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission. However it does carry a risk of other sexually transmitted infections.Your symptoms can be from a STI or they can just be from a cold or flu. I would recommend that you follow up with your health care provider for evaluation. But again the risk of this being from HIV is very small.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- How Do I Get Rid Of Genital Warts In The Mouth?
- Can Having The Flu Interfere With The Hiv Test Results?
- Do Pep Drugs Delay The Body In Producing Antibodies?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.