Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

RE: positive I'm dying
Jun 30, 2013

No I was stating that I believe I have hiv to my gf even though I have multiple negative antibody tests. My last hiv test was at 10 months after exposure, and I've read that some ppl may take a year or more to develop detectable hiv antibodies, and those that take that long have continuous severe symptoms like I'm having. Just don't know why I'm not like the rest of the population and produce antibodies by 6 months at the latest?? :( I had a normal immunoglobulin test, and my cd4 was like 960 or something like that when they checked around the 4th month. Then I had multiple hiv tests all antibody only out to 10 months. I've spent so much money and am just broke down in every way and don't know what to do. You think the doctors on this site would agree with you in saying there is no way no how I have hiv??

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Yes I believe that all of us on here would be in concert with saying that after 10 months of HIV negative test results, no other exposures happening during this time that you are HIV free.

Be well, Shannon

Previous
dance bar
Next
exposure...plz reply urgent

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.