Razor Blade at Work...

I cut my hand very deep with a razor blade at work. I have no way to no if anyone else had cut themselves with the same razor. There are others that use the same tools as I do. Is there a chance that if someone else had cut themselves with the same razor, that I could get hiv from the razor. I mean there could have been 30seconds to 5 minutes in between the time someone else was using the same razor blade. Of course no one else made a big deal that they had cut themselves. I am very worried and nervous. The cut was deep and was bleeding a lot. I have read on your website before that it has to be direct contact with a significant amount of blood, but how do I know or reassure myself that I haven't put myself at risk with this injury? Please give me some advise. I am going crazy with worry. Thank you for your time and work that you do.

Hi The chances of HIV transmission occurring in this manner are extremely low. If indeed someone had cut themselves prior to you cutting yourself and that person had HIV, first HIV begins to die once it is outside of the body and is unable to infect, second there would have to be a large volume of blood on the razor.

You are not at risk for getting HIV from cutting yourself with this razor.

3rd time asking please help a worried pregnant lady
Female to male HIV transmission