concerned of hiv risk

In the last month I have had protected sex with an HIV positive guy about 4 times..the last time we had sex..when he pulled out the condom slipped and his semen spilled between my buttocks..I have been very nervous also having body aches..should I be concerned about this?..how high is my risk of getting HIV?..When should I get tested?

Hi Condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. With it slipping off the one time and the exposure to his ejaculate, your risk does increase some but it is still considered a low risk. If you had any open sores where the fluid could enter that increases your risk. Since the fluid just ran down between your buttocks there is minimal risk of HIV transmission occurring. Your body aches can be from a number of things, another type of sexually transmitted infection or you are just get a cold or the flu. When having sex with someone living with HIV I always recommend testing. I'm positive and my husband is negative and he gets tested about every 6 months. If you continue this relationship I would recommend the same for you. My overall recommendation to society as a whole is that everyone who has ever had unprotected sex or shared a needle should be tested as everyone should know their status.

Your risk is incredibly small. Testing guidelines are to be tested initially 3 weeks post exposure then again at 90 days if there have been no other exposures during this time the results are conclusive.

am I at risk?
genitals