HIV Risk

Hello, my girlfriend for the past year or a little more has just tested for HIV and she tested negative. I havent been tested, and havent had any other sexual relations. Before I was with her I did have a period of time where there was a possible risk of HIV infection, and have been having some werid symptoms, like a recurring sore throat, also the past week i had some diarrhia and an on and off fever. Everything points to HIV...My question is if she tested negative, since we have been together 1 year without other sexual relations, is possible i could test postive???

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

First off, the "symptoms" you're describing most certainly do not point directly to HIV. They're pretty generic and could be explained by tons of things.

Typically we say that "to know your status, you need to get your own test and not rely on the test of another."

Because of your risk before you and your girlfriend got together, it's important that you get tested for HIV to know your status for sure.

I'm not sure what this risk you're referring to looked like, but testing never hurts. It's very possible that you do not have HIV.

Hope this helps!

Erik

DO U THINK I HAVE HIV
am I at risk?