Please don't ignore my question it is about my son

Hello, My son who is 5 years old had allergen prick skin test. I am sure you are familiar with that. They use lancet aplicators with allergen serum to test for allergies. The doctor assure me that applicators that will prick my child's skin are sterile but the allergen serums are reused but never contimenated (But he was not the one who did test). So, besically they use sterile applicators they dip them in allergen serum and prick the skin and they throw applicators away. So, when the nurse came to our room she already had everything open and prepared, she prepared everything in procedure room. So, she proformed the test and my son was crying so bad i was comforting him and I did not see her throw the use applicator away. After the skin prick was done we should wait 15-20 min to see the responce on his skin to the allergens. He did not have any bleeding right away after the prick but approximatelly 10 min after the prick I saw little speck of blood on his skin. When I came home I started to think: what ifs...? What if the applicators which were 24 of them were not sterile? what if the allergen serum was contaminated? what if the nurse contaminated the equipments on the way to our room? I have constantly thinking about this. Please help I am going crazy. What if one of the things heppen (that I mention above) what are the chances that he might got HIV? or all of the things happen? Should I test him. Please, help. Thank you for you time.

Response from Mr. Glenn

There is absolutely no risk for HIV from this.

HIV can not live long enough on a reused applicator to infect someone.

Hope this helps

Erik

Do ARS symptoms appear after 2 months
Forgot to wash my hands