confused about alcohol use and oral sex

I read on one site (link provided) that use of alcohol increases risk of HIV through oral sex from 3x to 6x times compared to without alcohol..but what does it mean? Especially before the act? I consumed a lot of alcohol, then threw up and then in approximiately one hour got down on a girl, did it increase my risk if she was positive?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

The point that article was probably trying to make was that there are many things that can stress out your mouth. These include brushing your teeth, flossing, surgery, etc.

But remember that oral sex is considered low risk over all, there has to be something significant to create a high risk situation. Merely drinking alcohol isn't really one of those things. Especially given that you went down on a girl an hour after drinking!

Hope this helps!

Erik

Bad experience when giving sample
Do ARS symptoms appear after 2 months