Maternity Underwear

Hoping you can help, I suffer from very dry and cracked skin on my hand that on occasion bleed. Now this may sound stupid, but I am worried. My wife brought some maternity underwear (for breast-feeding mothers) and we took them home and I put them into the washing machine. Obviously I had to touch these with my dry/cracked hands to do this. Now I know that women try these bras on and if they dont fit put them back on the shelf. If a women who tried on the bra that my wife brought who is HIV+ (or several women) leaked milk onto the bra is there any risk of transmossion of HIV to myself. I also remember rubbing my eyes after putting the garment into the machine.

Response from Mr. Glenn

The answer to your question is no. There is absolutely no risk for HIV from this.

HIV is only transmitted when a body fluid carrying HIV (only blood, semen, vaginal fluid, or breast milk) comes out of someone's body and goes immediately/directly inside of someone else's body.

There was nothing immediate or direct about your situation. HIV dies pretty quick after it leaves the human body.

Hope this helps!