Risk of HIV from quick anal insertion

I was in a gay bathouse and had a few seconds of unprotected insertion. What is the risk? Should I consider PEP?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Because this was literally a few seconds, it would not be considered high risk for HIV. However, we couldn't technically say that there wasn't risk at all.

PEP is really an option for those that have had a significant exposure to HIV. But if you're still freaking out, I'd recommend calling a local HIV provider though to discuss you incident in detail. That'd probably help you work though whether you'd want to start PEP.

Hope this helps!

Erik

compliance to meds
Handjob