Jun 28, 2013
Can you get molluscum contagium from a toilet seat on genitals?
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello- The virus that causes molluscum is spread from person to person by touching the affected skin. The virus may also be spread by touching a surface with the virus on it, such as a towel, clothing, toys, or a toilet seat as you mention). Once someone has the virus, the bumps can spread to other parts of their body by touching or scratching a bump and then touching another part of the body. Molluscum can also be spread from one person to another by sexual contact. Take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- Stress Cause A Abnormal Pap Smear
- Chance Of Getting Hiv As Top
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.