Very concern mother....Please HELP

Hello Ms. Shannon, Please help us. My 5 year old son went to Allergist for skin prick test. The doctor explained that the applicators which will prick my son skin are sterile (it's 3 applicators each of them has 8 lancets which make 24 of them) but the allergen serum are reused (it's 24 of them). The allergen serum are never contaminated because the use applicaters are thrown away right away. After they will prick his skin we will sit and wait for 15-20min to see how he is reacting to the different allergens.

The lady (maybe nurse) came into the room to administered the test and brought everything already prepared for the test. All the equipments which would be used during the test were already opened. She told me that she prepared everything in the precedure room. She pricked his skin and my son was crying and I payed more attention to him and did not see what she did with used applicators (did she throw them away or did she putted back to the allergen serums). I did not see any bleeding right away but 10 min after the test I saw little specks of blood on his skin where the applicators ptick his skin.

When we came home it hit me WHAT IF......What if the applicators were used before? What is the allergen serums were contaminated? what if the nurse contaminated the equipment on the way to our room? Please help what are the chances that he might contracted HIV form one of the choices? or from all of them? Should I test him? Is he in any risk? Please answear me. I cannot function. Thank you very much for your time

Hi Your son is fine! There is no way for HIV transmission to happen in the instance that you have described. First, if any of the instruments were not clean which is highly unlikely, HIV dies once is leaves the body and is unable to infect. Also if there were blood on any of the instruments, it would have to be a large volume of blood. There is no risk of HIV transmission for your son!

Am I at risk?
used condom