Hand Sanitizer vs. Rubbing Alcohol

Hi. I have a question regarding cleaning surfaces with hiv infected blood on them. In several answers I have read on this forum, the answers have stated that bleach and also rubbing alcohol can kill the virus on surfaces and should be used when cleaning up infected blood. However, in other answers I have read that hand sanitizer does not kill the virus. So, I guess my question is why not? If hand sanitizer has 70% alcohol in it, as many on the market now do, why is this not the same as rubbing alcohol that is 70% by volume. Would just like some clarification. Want to make sure I have all my facts correct. Thanks in advance.

Response from Mr. Glenn

It doesn't real matter which solution is used because HIV will die by itself just by being outside of the human body. And pretty quickly at that.

Hope this helps,

Erik

Testing accuracy on child
Nasal mucosa