HIV and Public Transport

Hi , I Hope you are fine. Im extremely concerned about a situation that happened to me earlier, I took a bus in order to go to my workplace and everything was just fine till the moment I needed to get off the bus, I pushed the button to announce my need to get off right after a guy who did it before and I didnt realize that the button had a kinda blood stain, the stain didnt seem fresh to me however I got this crazy idea it got sticked to my hand, now I feel so anxious and I cant relieve my mind, should I get tested? My hand hadnt any visible wound and after touching the stain I went to my workplace(It took me like 10 minutes walking) and I washed my both hands with normal soap, either way Im still concerned and I dont know why but I still got this feeling that I got the stain sticked on my hand. Please help me, what should I do? thank you in advance. Sincerely

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there There is no way that the episode you describe could in any way lead to HIV infection. Even if the stain did have blood, HIV dies very quickly when exposed to air AND if you have no wound on your hand there is no way for the virus (even if alive) to have entered your body. I hope this decreases your anxiety. take care, LHW

Spitting on penis and touching penis after touching vagina Risks HIV ?
Vibrator from Spencer's