Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV and Public Transport
Jun 24, 2013

Hi , I Hope you are fine. Im extremely concerned about a situation that happened to me earlier, I took a bus in order to go to my workplace and everything was just fine till the moment I needed to get off the bus, I pushed the button to announce my need to get off right after a guy who did it before and I didnt realize that the button had a kinda blood stain, the stain didnt seem fresh to me however I got this crazy idea it got sticked to my hand, now I feel so anxious and I cant relieve my mind, should I get tested? My hand hadnt any visible wound and after touching the stain I went to my workplace(It took me like 10 minutes walking) and I washed my both hands with normal soap, either way Im still concerned and I dont know why but I still got this feeling that I got the stain sticked on my hand. Please help me, what should I do? thank you in advance. Sincerely

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there There is no way that the episode you describe could in any way lead to HIV infection. Even if the stain did have blood, HIV dies very quickly when exposed to air AND if you have no wound on your hand there is no way for the virus (even if alive) to have entered your body. I hope this decreases your anxiety. take care, LHW

Previous
Spitting on penis and touching penis after touching vagina Risks HIV ?
Next
Vibrator from Spencer's

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.