Bloood platelet drop to 5000

What could cause my blood platelet to drop to 5000? I had to be hospitalize for 6 days.I was given immune globulin while there and sent home with RX Prednisone 40mg per day. I have a follow up with a Oncology. What could be the problem ? I'm on Truvada,Prezista,Norvir. CD4 214, VL 2,500

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- There are a vast number of reasons that could cause your platelets to drop and I would be remiss to try and guess at what is the cause of yours especially after being hospitalized for 6 days. Certainly, the drop could be immune related or to a viral infection or medication reaction. I'm hoping that your follow up with oncology will be enlightening and they can help figure out the root cause so to get you all better! Take care, LHW

cuted fingure put on girl vagina
Need help doctor... Please...