afraid of going to hospitals anymore after exposure

My story goes like this that i went to hospital two days ago for skin rash consultation with the dermatologist, while waiting for my turn i was sitting in the waiting room, beside me on the same bench another patient was sitting who was having some itchy lesions all over his body. Due to itching i can see blood spots on different parts of his clothes.

During conversation with him he told me that he is an AIDS patient and also terminaly ill with full blown AIDS.Now i am terrified because while talking to him he asked me to hold his prescription paper and his Lab reports and started showing me lesions on his legs and arms,that was really annoying for me.

Dear doctor now i am really scared because what if his prescription paper and Lab reports have blood stains on it as he was bleeding? My hands also got touched to his clothes as he was sitting next to me,and virus got transferred from his blood stained clothes to my hands.He also shook hand with me and he has blood stained itchy lesions on his hands and all over his body. I went home washed my hands for fifteen seconds and then i brushed my teeth and shaved my beared and cut my self in panic and hurry as i have to go for meeting. Doctor is washing hands for 15 seconds enough to wipe off HIV positive blood and virus. What if blood and virus is not washed properly and it got transmitted during brushing my teeth as i have bleeding gums and during shaving beared as i had a cut in panic. Beside that i do not have any other exposure and i an really scared of going to hospital anymore. Please also tell me that do i need testing after this exposure and for how long one should wash hands after exposure with HIV positive blood and what should be the procedure as i just washed my face for few seconds before shaving. Sorry for such annoying and weired mail. Please answer me as i do not have HIV expert where i live. Sorry for my bad English as its not my first language. Kindly answer all my concerns.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There is no risk from what you're talking about. There is no risk at all.

HIV is only transmitted when a body fluid carrying HIV (only blood, semen, vaginal fluid, or breast milk) comes out of someone's body and goes immediately/directly inside of someone else's body.

This did not happen in your situation at all.

Even if there was blood on the prescription paper or lab report, too much time would've passed between when the blood was left and when you touched it. The HIV would've died and therefore not be able to infect anybody.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Please
Sharp edge transmission follow up