Used Someones lip Ring

Hi! So I am 18 and I got my lip pierced the other day and my friend let me borrow his sister's lip ring. I rubbed it down with alcohol and put in it. I am now freaking out because I have all these what ifs going through my head. Im not sure if she actually has anything. I really do not want to message her on facebook and say "hey do you have aids" but im so scared now. What are my chances of getting HIV from using her lip ring??

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

No need to be scared at all. There is absolutely no risk of HIV from using her lip ring. There's probably no risk of anything since you cleaned it.

Even if you hadn't cleaned it, there still wouldn't have been any risk for HIV.

This is because HIV can not survive out in the open (i.e. outside a human body).

Hope this helps!

Erik

want to know whether i am at risk for hiv
Please