Swimming with an open wound

Hi I had an open cut on my leg yesterday as I was enjoying my local waterpark's swimming facilities. Is there any way I can contract hiv from this experience. It was freshly open and bleeding a bit. Do I have anything to worry about? Thank you for your time.

Response from Mr. Glenn

You have nothing to worry about.

For HIV to transmit there needs to be HIV+ blood coming out of someone's body and going immediately/directly inside of your body.

In a pool, nothing is leaving and going immediately or directly inside of your body.

Besides, think about how diluted anything would be in something as large as a swimming pool! HIV dies and gets spread around. Again, no risk.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Could I possibly get HIV from urine?
sores and itching on he body and penis??