PLEASE ANSWER!!!!

Ryan, Last summer, I had an anonymous sexual encounter. This was the first time that I made such a mistake, and it will surely be the last. Nearly seven months later I tested negative with the Home Access Test. My questions are the following: is 6.75 months long enough to trust the result, or should I test again, and secondly, can I trust that Home Access Test did not mishandle my sample. I know that you have answered similar questions in the past, but like everyone else in this forum, I feel as if my own situation is different from those you have responded to. I have been dealing with this terror constantly for almost nine months now. This is my first year in college and there is no one that I can turn to. I cant deal with this much longer. I would greatly appreciate a brief response to ease my anxieties. Thank you and PLEASE ANSWER!!

I hate to say it, but your question is not that different from others in this forum. Waiting six months following an exposure to perform a Home Access test is definitely enough time to wait. The results are highly reliable (some studies report 99.9% accuracy, which includes possible technical/human error). Read through the articles in the "HIV Testing" section of The Body (http://www.thebody.com/testing.html) for more information on home testing.

And try not to be so hard on yourself!

RMK

receving oral sex
Rashes