Worried for nothing?

A few weeks ago I had a bit too much fun at a local bar and ended up having protected sex with a girl who turned out to be a sex worker. We were using condoms throughout, although she did perform unprotected oral sex on me for a short bit.

I am confident that the condom stayed on and intact the whole time, although it did slip a bit. The girl noticed and I put on a new condom. I am pretty confident the head of my penis was not exposed during this "slipping" incident. I think I had a shower directly after, but I cannot be sure (I was pretty hammered).

From reading other questions in the archive, I suspect my risk was pretty low, but I am still not sure I understand how transmission happens. Would there be a risk if some vaginal fluid got onto the shaft of the penis, or does it have to get into the urethra? Would I be at risk if there was a little bit of vaginal fluid that came into contact with the head of the penis? Not sure if it makes a difference, but I'm not circumcised.

I am worried about getting tested, I am an expat in a country where I could probably get deported simply for explaining why I wanted to get tested...

I feel really stupid about the whole business. I don't make a habit of this kind of behaviour.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

The only part of your situation which sounds risky is the unprotected oral sex, although that type of sex is considered very low for HIV. If you're looking to reduce sexual HIV risk altogether, consider using a condom for oral sex too.

To answer your other question, vaginal fluid would need to get inside your urethra.

Hope this helps!

Erik

do i still have to test ??
could I have put my friend at risk of getting hiv ?