do i still have to test ??

Man here who have a busy sex life for past one year (2012-2013) with my girlfreind (partly a CSW). For all that one year we performed protected vaginal/anal sex. First week of March 2013, she tested positive. I am trying to figure out if i am on Risk status. The reason i am asking about risk is that i don¡t know when was she infected and when she was on her ¡¡window period¡¡.

(I) We used condom for many reasons being: 1) Safe Sex 2) Other Deseases 3) Pregnancy. And We had Unprotected Deep oral to where french kissing and she sucking and hand job me condom less.

Coming back to the Risk factor as i was with her for One year and so and i all remember using condoms every time on sex with her. The problem is that I WASNT MAKING sure about the condom at the end of my deed with her (leaked / broke / slipped). Always after the deed either she or me take it out and dispose it. I haven¡t seen it after the deed or she has never informed me that the condom leaked / broke / slipped.

After knowing her status i was frightened and scared...and here are my tests which i did:

- 6 weeks Rapid test finger prick (Alere Determine HIV 1/2 and unigold) (results Negative). - 8 weeks Rapid test finger prick (Alere Determine HIV 1/2) (results Negative). - 12 weeks Rapid test finger prick (Alere Determine HIV 1/2) (results Negative). My GP advise me to go for western blot due to my anxiety and worry. I know is kind of stupid to go for WB as I know it's only used to confirm Positive Test, but not Negative Test. The result came back ¡V HIV 1 & 2 Negative. - 13 weeks Rapid test (Bio-Line and ELISA) (results Negative).

I have read in many forum as 3 months (12 weeks) is conclusive also read 8 weeks is conclusive.

1) My question are.....what do u think can i conclude that i am negative ?? 2) Can the results in coming week change ?? 3) Please advice : Window period stands as 3 months or 6 month ???? others advicing 3 n others 6 months..... Please answer me this.....i hv been reading alot in net....few forums say 3 months n then u shud continue till 6months testing...the reason said is...the type of risk..... 4) I also checked CDC guidelines they also say that in 3 months 97% are concluded positive. So remaining 3% take further 3 months to be concluded to be positive. (very rare) My fear is am in not falling in the last 3% 5) Can you advice me the ¡¡Window Period¡¡ for Elisa tests ?

your replies will be appreciated

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your questions,

All the details of your situation point to no risk/infection with HIV.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Clit-licking and possible exposure to vaginal fluids
Worried for nothing?