Is my son at risk from putting a napkin with HIV+ blood in his mouth and it got on his face

My son is two years old and my grandparents were baby sitting him. Well my brother is HIV+ and he came over when i wasnt there and he started bleeding from his hand. My grandma said he had a napkin on his hand and left it on the table. when i got home my son had the napkin in his mouth chewing it and he had blood wiped on the side of his eye. im worried that he could contract HIV from it.. im so worried now.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Once blood dries, it's not able to spread HIV. Additionally, it's not easy to get HIV through the mouth.

To be risky for HIV, there'd have to be a lot of blood, your son would've had to be in contact with it while it was fresh, and that the blood would've needed to have got inside of your son's body. All of those things would've needed to have happened. That's why I'm tempted to say there probably wasn't risk for HIV.

As for the blood wiped on the side of your son's eye. If it was your son's blood, there's no risk. If it was your brother's blood (and never got inside his body), there's no risk.

Hope that helps!

Erik

chances of hiv
Clit-licking and possible exposure to vaginal fluids