Risk of hiv

Hello doctor, I had protected sex with a sex worker 3 years back. I'm sure the condom was intact through out the act. We even used a new one while she performed oral sex. Cos I was nervous I asked her if she felt the condom tear and she said no and even checked if it was intact. On removing the condom I did not see any hole or tear. Am I at a risk of infection. These 3 years I have lived a healthy life. Not experienced any flu like symptoms , had diarrhoea twice which lasted for half a day and went with medication. I used to smoke a lot because of which my tonsils would swell up but within 7-8 days go back to their normal self. I have since a few months noticed a lump in my throat on the right. I'm worried that its caused due to hiv. It's not painful at all. I am even suffering from ulcers in the mouth but I have had that problem since I was a little kid. So I would like to know what do you think about my situation. Are these things happening cos of hiv. Am I at a risk. I have refrained from having intercourse with anyone since that day cos I have been full of guilt. Pls help.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

The sex you're describing does not sound risky for HIV AT ALL. There was no opportunity for body fluids to be exchanged.

It's perfectly normal for lymph nodes to swell on different points of your body at different points in your life.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Question
Oraquick test procedure