Anexity & Fear

Respected Doctor thanks for giving me the answer,the question was that I may be infected by any infected syringe that might be used unknowingly by the nurses during my blood test just before 30sec of another patient on 9/4/13,because there were 20 used syrenge lying into the table& I did not watch while taking out my blood.After 10 deys I started getting low grade fever.Fatique,shoulder pain & severe sore throat after that you answer me that it might be flu or cold or if symptom continue I would follow up with health care provoder .Respected Madam I went to an International Hospital were I checked for HIV just after 7th week by elisa screening & it was negative should I worry or not.At present I am having pressure and piin in my head & weekness in legs & hands.Doctor Please Please answer

Hi The guidelines for testing are to be tested at 90 days post exposure and those results as long as there were no other exposures during this time are conclusive. Being tested at 7 weeks with a negative results confirms what we have said that the risk for HIV transmission in the manner in which you think you were exposed carries an extremely low. The follow up recommended with your health care provider was not just for HIV but to see what else may be going on with your symptoms.

picking a scab open, please answer
open wound at work