Alcohol

I was recently diagnosed with HIV a couple of months ago. I've been hesitant consuming alcohol for the fear that it would cause some negative impact on my HIV medication; however my Dr. informed that it was okay to drink alcohol moderately even though I'm on HIV meds. my question to you is...Are there certain types of alcohol that I should stay away from? Are there certain mix drinks I should stay from. through a friend I was told that Vodka is best to drink for those with HIV; however it should only be mixed with fresh lemon or lime??

I applaud your interest in doing what is best for your health. Moderate alcohol intake (0 to 1 drinks a day) is fine for those without liver problems. There is no benefit or harm of one type of alcohol over another so beware of crazy vodka advocates.

A standard drink is equal to 14.0 grams (0.6 ounces) of pure alcohol. Generally, this amount of pure alcohol is found in: 12-ounces of beer. 8-ounces of malt liquor. 5-ounces of wine. 1.5-ounces or a "shot" of 80-proof distilled spirits or liquor (e.g., gin, rum, vodka, or whiskey).

I would not advise more than a drink a day or binge drinking as that can cause harm.

HIV Prevention
picking a scab open, please answer