Jun 8, 2013
I read an interview of a doctor in my country about HIV prevention. He said that to kill HIV stick on cloths/bed sheets, we need to boil them over 70 degree Celsius within 30 minutes, otherwise it will survive for hours. Is that true ? Thanks for clarification.
Response from Dr. Wohl
No. HIV evolved to live within us. It does not like to be outside the body and quickly starts to die when exposed to the outside world. No one ever got infected from soiled bedsheets or clothing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Hiv Infection Show Up During Pap Smear?
- If You Get Flu Like Symptoms After Sex Is It Hiv?
- What Do You Do If You Accidentally Inject Yourself With Hiv Needle?
- Sore Armpit And Hiv
- How Do U Distinguish A Regular Lump In Ur Armpit From An Hiv Lump?
- If Tested For Hiv Will It Show Up Postive For Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.