Hi, Please answer my question about my 3yr old son

Hi, today i had a Doc appointment and took my 3yr old with me. He was sitting on a chair next to a sharps/needle container. He bumped his arm into it and am now super paranoid as to what if a needle was sticking out of the side of a container and punctured his skin and was infected? I am so paranoid now, and in general! Please let me know if i should test him. I looked at the side of the container and nothing was sticking out. Thanks so much in advance. Paranoid Mom

Dear Paranoid Mom

I know that if my child got his arm poked with a needle, not only I but the whole clinic would know from the shrieking wails that would follow. Think about it. A) how can there be a sharp poking out from the container? B) EVEN if there was a sharp, how can it penetrate your child without you knowing? C) what are the chances that said imaginary sharp contains HIV or other infectious agent? It does not make sense. More likely, as you say, you are being paranoid. Let it go, is my advice.

Fear of being infected by virus fear of dying.
Status displayed prominently on dental file