|CCR5 - HIV testing
Jun 7, 2013
What would be the standard HIV ELISA/WB/PCR test results from someone with a CCR5 delta 32 partial mutation actually exposed to HIV ? How much longer could this anomaly delay the detection of Ab/Ag & VL ?
Also assuming someone has the full delta32 mutation and receives the virus, theoretically his chances of developing HIV are lower if the strain is not CXR4. In which case, what would be the results of the HIV tests ?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
The presence of the mutation (which leads to less or no receptors that the virus uses to enter T-cells) should not effect the test results. If someone becomes infected, they make HIV antibodies and have p24 present regardless of their CCR5 mutation status.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.