CCR5 - HIV testing
Jun 7, 2013
What would be the standard HIV ELISA/WB/PCR test results from someone with a CCR5 delta 32 partial mutation actually exposed to HIV ? How much longer could this anomaly delay the detection of Ab/Ag & VL ?
Also assuming someone has the full delta32 mutation and receives the virus, theoretically his chances of developing HIV are lower if the strain is not CXR4. In which case, what would be the results of the HIV tests ?
Response from Dr. Wohl
The presence of the mutation (which leads to less or no receptors that the virus uses to enter T-cells) should not effect the test results. If someone becomes infected, they make HIV antibodies and have p24 present regardless of their CCR5 mutation status.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Rimming Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.