The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Simple question, one answer!

Jun 7, 2013

Hello, if you believe that you are still infected with a rare group of HIV because of unsafe sex and have all symptoms of declining immune system and you can not get help. What test would detect the rare or possible new strains/subgroups? I'm at the end of my rope and can't take this anymore!!!!!! Please just answer what test I will order!!!! Thanks

Response from Dr. Wohl

IF you are really suffering from some sort of mutant HIV that is not detected by current antibody or p24 tests (which I do not think is the case) your CD4 cell count should be in the basement. If you have a normal CD4 cell count you do not have the I in AIDS.


Dr Wohl need your advice
Public Transport and HIV

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint