Difference between occupational needle stick and IDU shared syringes

My question is in regards to a question you answered in February. You spoke of a home health nurse who pricked herself after drawing your blood and explained that there is less than a 3% chance of acquiring HIV in this manner. I am just curious as to why the risk is so much higher for IDUs who share syringes. Isn't it still the same concept: A needle puncturing an HIV positive individual and then puncturing an HIV negative individual. Correct me if I'm wrong and thank you for your time!

HI The risk between the two. the needle stick from me didn't involve a large volume of blood as there is with IDU's. IDU inject directly into the vein for the drugs to get in, whereas the needle stick is just pricking the skin and not, unless it is a deep needle stick, going directly into the vein and a large amount of blood.

I hope this helps to clarify.

Please help. Need guidance.
Lap dance, fear, stress and throat inflamation... Please help !!