Fever blister chance of HIV infection?

Hi! Just want to start off saying I am always so worried about this disease! I don't know why, I always am worried about catching it. Here's my problem. I got sunburnt on my lips last week and a fever blister appeared. It is healing, it has like a scab on it but when it gets wet, the scab gets gross and is more of an open wound. I went out with some friends who were visiting the other night and I can't stop worrying. A few people got me drinks, and I'm pretty sure they didn't drink it before me, but I have to know if there is any chance, say the straw touched my lip where it was open, of me catching HIV? It may sound crazy, and I know I need to be more cautious. Thanks!

HI HIV transmission does not occur through casual contact, this includes drinking after someone. Transmission of HIV from a contaminated surface would require massive exposure to blood or other infected liquid from prolonged period of time also HIV begins to die once it is outside of the body and is unable to infect. I would recommend that you continue education regarding HIV so that your fears can be relieved. Spending time on our web site, especially in the area of HIV transmission will give you many answers so that you are not absorbed by unwarranted fear.

Be well, Shannon

Risk of hiv in licking a vagina
Saliva from person having a seizure