Risk of hiv in licking a vagina

Dear Dr Southall In couple of days (28 May 2013), I did a safe sex with a prostitute (an extra safe condom). I lick her vagina it was unprotected, I tasted something I don't know if it was her pee or her vaginal fluid and I dont remember if I have any cut in my mouth. After three days (31 May 2013), I start to feel sick like chills and sweats at night, and sore throat. So my questions are: Can the HIV be transmitted by licking a vagina? And I have a risk in my accident to get this virus? Thank you Dr and best regards.

Hi Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission and the risk can increase when there are cuts, wounds, sores, or lesions in the mouth. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity. Having symptoms a month later can be related to many things, from either the exposure or just getting a cold or virus. The risk again for HIV transmission is very small. I would recommend that if your symptoms continue that you follow up with your health care provider for evaluation. An important thing to remember is that there are other sexually transmitted infections that can be passed on through unprotected sex. Or you could just be getting a cold. But if your only mode of possible transmission was the licking of a vagina, your risk of HIV transmission is extremely low.

Syphilis
Fever blister chance of HIV infection?