receving oral sex

8 days ago I did a very stupid thing. I paid a sex worker to give me oral sex. She placed a condom half way down the head of my penis with her mouth. I got very scared and asked her to stop. I masterbated myself to orgasm with the condom on. There was a slight abrasion on my penis from having masterbated a few days earlier. No skin was broken, just red. I was worried that I masterbated a some of her saliva into my penis which was on the condom that she applied with her mouth. Afterwards, I immediately washed my penis off with a bottle of water I had in the car. I went home and had diarehea and didnt sleep much. I was totally freaked out and had a slight temperature. 2 days later I did 2 home access hiv tests which I sent away and both were negative. I'm still very frightened. I went to see a urologist and an infectous disease doctor. Both were pretty low key about the whole situation. The urologist gave me some levequin which I took.Should I insist on a PCR test? I'm still very scared...

HELP!

It is highly unlikely that you were infected with HIV during the sexual encounter you describe (receiving oral sex from a sex worker, with a condom). Saliva is not implicated in the transmission of HIV. See my response to "Immediate Symptoms" (http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Current/Q22832.qna).

There is no point in doing one home HIV antibody test, never mind two, two days after exposure; you are just wasting your money. It is extremely unlikely that a person would begin developing antibodies to HIV two days after infection. PCR testing is also not a reliable way to determine whether or not you are HIV infected, especially if you are at low risk for infection (which you are). Your best bet is to have an HIV antibody test at three months, even though testing is probably not necessary in your case.

You sound really anxious about this incident and you are probably going to have a hard time waiting to get tested. Instead of spending time and money on tests, urologists, and infectious disease doctors, take that money and put it towards talking with a psychiatrist or psychotherapist. You may feel a lot better.

RMK

Immediate Symptoms
PLEASE ANSWER!!!!