Risk assessment for HIV transmission
May 31, 2013
I recently had 2 incidents that have me worried and wondering if I should get tested:
1. Unprotected oral sex at a massage parlor. Did not notice any blood or cuts on any other visibile problems on the lips of the masseuse. This was 5 months ago.
2. Protected vaginal sex. Condom was used properly and did not break. However, during sex, she took the condom out and continued with a hand job. My concern is that when taking off the condom, the vaginal fluids from the outside of the condom may have touched the tip of penis and/or those same fluids had a chance of infecting me as she was giving me a hand job. This happened a week ago.
Requesting your help in what I should do.
Response from Mr. Cordova
I do not think either of these were high risk situations. I would not be concerned about any vaginal fluid (and HIV) finding its way into your body in the manner in which you described. HIV is not transmitted this way.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Rubbing Against Someone?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Condom Broke?
- Needle Stick How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Herpes After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.