Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hiv risk assessment with condom use (body fluids)
May 31, 2013

Hi. Unfortunately about few weeks ago i was involved in a one night stand with a friend of a friend who i ddnt know well. and condom was properly used during vaginal sex. I am worried that some of his pre-seminal fluid (body fluid) may have come in contact with the condom as he was putting it on. Im thinking if he held the tip of his penis or something like that before sliding the condom snugly, he might have gotten some on the condom. And we had vaginal sex and after i was feeling sore down there maybe bc of some lacerations and im worried that some of his body fluids might have gotten in me. I am a worry wart. Am i at risk? I plan to test within 2months. I asked him about his hiv status and he replied angrily (he was probably offended when i asked him but i had to know) he was saying ultimately that he doesn't have the disease. But all i have is his word. He did seem nice and respectful when we first met. We both knew it was only going to be for sex. But I guess i should've asked before having sex with him.

Anyway, please help me. I need advice. A reply will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

ms. Anxious

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi Ms Anxious,

First, I agree with you 100%: You should have asked him about his HIV status, when the last time he was tested, and what his condom usage was like BEFORE the clothes came of. Keep that in mind for the next time.

I do not think you were at risk in this situation. HIV is not readily transmitted via contact such as you described. The main point is that you used a condom, and that protected you from the virus.

In health,

Richard

Previous
HIV from dried precum from underware
Next
Hiv test

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.