late stage non reactive hiv 1 & 2 ab testing
May 31, 2013
Hello I had a high risk exposure about 7 years ago. I've been diagnosed ITP about a year ago. I asked my hematologist to test me for hiv. AB results returned non reactive. Hematologist said no more testing is required. Is it true that in late stages of HIV testing will yield non reactive?
Response from Mr. Cordova
That is not true at all. Late stages of HIV infection will most certainly will come back reactive. Once transmission has occurred, and the body has begun to produce enough antibodies that can be detected by a test, it was always do so.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Black Spots After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Bladder Infection Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Can Herpes Cause Diarrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.