late stage non reactive hiv 1 & 2 ab testing
May 31, 2013
Hello I had a high risk exposure about 7 years ago. I've been diagnosed ITP about a year ago. I asked my hematologist to test me for hiv. AB results returned non reactive. Hematologist said no more testing is required. Is it true that in late stages of HIV testing will yield non reactive?
Response from Mr. Cordova
That is not true at all. Late stages of HIV infection will most certainly will come back reactive. Once transmission has occurred, and the body has begun to produce enough antibodies that can be detected by a test, it was always do so.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Catch Oral Thrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.