Burnng & Tingling in body

Hi Richard,

My concern of a HIV risk came about 6 weeks ago. April 15, Starting at 2 weeks i started having a sore through which went away after a few days and some antibiotics. My main concern is the tingling and burning sensation in my body. It is now getting much worse. At week 2 it was first tingling in the feet whcih alarmed me. Week 3 I started expericing along witht he tinging some burning sensations in my arms. Now fast fwd to week six I have been having tingling, burning and pricking feeling in my body. Mostly at night. The burning sensation is the most bothersome as now I sometimes get it in my legs. I am verry worried and scared. I spend much time on the interent looking up sympotoms such as peripheral nuerppathy. I have never had these feelings before this scare that is what has me terried the most. How often has this occured in ARS. I plan on getting tested next week. Also i have extreme muscle weakness and soreness. My risk was unprotected oral with CSW and also protected vaginal. I am started to doubt myself if I did have protected vaginal however as I was extremely intoxicated and because of these symptoms.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Your risk itself was low. Unprotected oral and protected penetrative sex is not that high of a risk (since the condom did not break or fall off).

Neuropathy, while sometimes caused by the virus itself, is typically caused by the medications that are used to treat the infection. Even if it were related to the virus itself it would not happen so quickly.

If you like, a test at 90 days might give you some peace of mind.

In health,

Richard

testing
darkroom oral sex