Is negative virus load test after two weeks conclusive?

Dear Doctor,

Is negative virus load test after two weeks conclusive? I was anxious about HIV, My doctor recommend the 20 copies test.He said if the result was negaitve, then I can exclude 99.9%. Is that true? Do you think I have an exposure? and do I need to take the virus load test? Last week I went to a clicnic to take blood test. But After the blood drawed, when the nurse pulled out the needle in my vein, She touched my needle wound carelessly. She didn't change glove between people,if She touched the other body's blood,then touch my wound.I saw there were some very small dried red stain in her glove. Do i have a HIV exposure? So I ask a doctor in a hospital, He said if I am worrid too much, I can take the virus load test. Then I can move on with a negative result.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

I do not think you were at risk in this situation. HIV is not transmitted this way. The virus does not live well outside of the human body. Any virus present would be unable to infect another person. Also, HIV needs direct access to the bloodstream for transmission to occur. The kind of access that happens during unprotected anal or vaginal sex.

In regards to testing. You can go in for an antibody test at 90 days. That will give you a conclusive answer.

In health,

Richard

Delayed seroconversion and hpv
Real risk real symptoms