|pep and test
May 31, 2013
Good day Dr,althogh I took my pep 4 days after exposure,can the 3 month test period be reliable in my case? And what are the symptoms of hiv in the window period.Thanks doctor for responding promtly to all my prev. Questions.
| Response from Mr. Cordova
The 90 day window still stands. However, PEP is only effective until 72 hours. I am not sure why someone prescribed it to you. Unfortunately, by day four it's no longer effective as preventing the transmission of HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take To Show Signs Of Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.