Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

WORRIED and CONFUSED, please help :(
May 31, 2013

hi doctor, i want to ask bout my health, i had sex in around middle of february, i had unprotected anal with 2 guys at the same time, and oral few times with other guys in different days, i did that oral (got oral or did oral) until the middle of march

first week of april i got fever, feeling not well, muscle joint pain and had rash skin but not itchy, i went to doctor in first may and had a blood test, and the result was syphilis positive, so i had penicilin injection treatment...and i have to get blood test again in 20 june to check my syphilis status

in the first of may..i did HIV test too, the result is negative

and now (30 may) i got flu, feeling not well, (for positive thinking...maybe i'm too tired with my job)

i'm worried that HIV test is not true, i'm worried that HIV is working now in my body cause i got flu and feeling not well, little sore throat but there is no bumps or swollen armpit etc, just flu (since 2 days ago)

am i infected with HIV ? i can't think anymore, i'm worried with this flu, is HIV test that i did in first may not true?

please help me :( thanks doctor

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Your test at 2.5 months is a good indicator of what you can expect at 90 days. 90 days is the amount of time you must wait before you can get an accurate test result. I would test again at 90 days. I am confident the result will be negative.

In health,

Richard

Previous
can I be HIV infected
Next
Do I have HIV/ Should I get tested?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.