PLEASE SUGGEST ME

Hi Doctor,

I am and HIV patient.

And having good counts.

I am just 35 years old.I am working in a private industry.

From the past many years i have avoided the sex but in recent times i am feeling some depress kind of thing.So i am trying to have sex.But since i was very much scared in both side am avoiding normal fore play. 1)I like to kiss when i have sex but since i have a doubt like scope for transferring deceases if in case the partner has any thing in her mouth.Is my assumption true if yes is anything could i try as preventive act(Using Gel,medicine and etc) like transferring deceases from both the side. 2)I like oral sex a lot but because of this scared nature i stopped asking the partner to do oral for me and i am not as well.(Can i apply gel /tab before i go for oral) 3)Can i use Viagra or is it effects my health. to be frank i effected at the age of 28,i haven't been participated in sex for very few times.i don't have wife i am from India very difficult to get a HIV +ve girls even we are on top position in the effected list among the world. I am physically good have a cd4 counts of 980.

I hope you can understand my problem.Could you please help me doctor.

Thanks, Nani

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi Nani,

Thanks for writing in. You can kiss someone without worrying about transmission of HIV. As long as you don't have any bleeding cuts or abrasions in your mouth there is not much risk involved. I would avoid brushing or flossing your teeth for two hours prior to oral sex or deep kissing.

The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus. Please note that other sexually transmitted infections are readily spread via oral contact and you may need to be checked for these.

Viagara will not interfere with your HIV. As long as you have been cleared by your doctor to take it, then I see no reason why you cannot.

In health,

Richard

Long Term HIV without ANY symptoms
what's causing my joint pain and fatigue?