hiv from paper cut on labia while i have my period?

Please answer. I searched the archive and I didn't see this question. I have my period and I might have accidentally touched someone else's menstrual blood with my hand when I put my used pad in the container in the bathroom and got a paper cut on my labia when I wiped myself with the toilet paper with the same hand. My period is very heavy. Can menstrual blood irritate a paper cut and make it more likely to be infected with hiv? Also, I was sitting on the toilet (not squatting) and I got backsplash all over my genital area. If it got into the papercut could it infect me with hiv?

Hi Rest assured you are HIV free from this experience. First if there were blood or splash back onto you, HIV begins to die once it is outside of the body and unable to infect. There would have to be a prolong exposure to any blood for there to be a possibility of HIV transmission. Transmission occurs when there is a direct exchange of body fluid, person to person, not object to person. Being on your cycle does not increase your risk of infection either.

You are HIV free from this experience.

Almost a year since exposure should I still be worried?
USE OF LUBS AND TRUVADAR INTEAD OF CONDOM