Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Could my symptoms possibly be a result of Hiv?
May 30, 2013

I had sex for the first time ever two months ago. a condom was used, but there was also oral sex and general genital contact. Two days later, I developed a sore throat and noticed some pimple-like bumps on nmy inner thighs, particularly my right inner thigh. Then after a between 2 to 3 weeks after, got notably serious cold and flu. Mainly I was sneezing quite a lot and I had a severely uncomfortable blocked nose, and a high temperature, and mild fatigue. At the same time I noticed some brown blotches on my forearms and headaches were fleeting and episodic, occuring once a day and lasting for minutes only. After a week, my flu/fever sypmtoms disappeared and then afetr a month and a half, the patches on my arms also faded. It has now been two months and I have some pain in my right hip and in my neck trailing down my spine. It is not really a sharp intense pain at all but just a dull, sort of mild pain, The pain in my hip is only really prominent when I bend down quite low, or when I exert myself durin excercise. I have not been tested yet because I am waitting to take the 90 day test essentially. But I am being consumed by despair and fear. Do you think I could have contracted Hiv

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Using a condom for penetrative sex is the best way to protect yourself against HIV and many STD's. Oral sex carries only a theoretical risk of transmission.

I do not think transmission was likely in this case.

If your symptoms persist then I would suggest a visit to the doctor to determine what other possible causes there may be. It is not HIV.

In health,

Richard

Previous
please answer me I'm from mexico
Next
2 MONTHS NEGATIVE RESULTS

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.