2 condoms when doing menstrual sex

Hi doctor. I just recently had menstrual sex with a woman and being the paranoid person that I am hearing about HIV being transmitted through blood, I eventually wore 2 condoms and when we were done, I went to the toilet and saw that the condom was oozing with blood. My penis, however, I did not find any form of blood around it. Nevertheless, is it possible for me to still be contracted to HIV or and other form of STDs? Thanks so much!!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

In the future, be sure to only use one condom at a time. Using two condoms can increase the likelihood that one or both may break due to increased friction.

In regards to HIV, it sounds like the condom did it's job: It kept her fluids with her, and your fluids with you (even though there was blood on the condom). Some STD's are spread via skin-to-skin contact.

I do not think you need to test for this incident in particular. You can wait until your next regularly scheduled round of STD testing (including HIV). My suggestion is that everyone be tested at least once a year, and preferably every six months.

In health,

Richard

Small cut in scrotum and shower same soap
Regarding window period