Small cut in scrotum and shower same soap

I had protected oral and vaginal sex with a sex worker in Cuba, one night before I made a small cut trimming my scrotum, I'm not sure but what are the chances of hiv transmission if vaginal fluid or blood touched the cut? After i showered with the same soup as her I touched the head of the penis. The next morning I showered again and put a sanitizing towel for hands around my penis head and urethra that night my penis and scrotum became sore and five days after my doctor said i had dermatitys and got elisa test negative. A week after i got epididmitys. I'm worried sick, thank you!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Using a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex is the best way to protect yourself against HIV and many other STD's. In this case, since you used a condom during vaginal sex, you protected yourself against HIV.

In regards to the cut: A small cut like that would start to heal the moment the skin is broken. HIV needs direct access to the bloodstream for transmission to occur. Direct access would not be likely in this situation.

Bottom line: I would not be concerned. I do not think you need to test for this incident in particular. However, if you want to test for peace of mind, you can do it at 90 days.

In health,

Richard

worried hairstylist
2 condoms when doing menstrual sex