The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


May 30, 2013

I am a man who had PROTECTED vaginal sex with my new girlfreind on 5th March 2013. Always i have is protected sex with her (before this event also). After few days after 5th March (when we had protected sex) she tested positive. I am trying to figure out if i am on Risk status and if yes when to get tested????. I had a Rapid test (determine and unigold) after 7 weeks and 3 days (results Negative). Please also note....We had oral to where french kissing and she sucking and hand job me condom less.

Do you think the results can change further weeks ahead???

Dr your fast responce will be appreciated. I am just worried...cant eat well...cant do anything... Honestly cant just let myself free from sneeze and i fear that i m cough and i fear i m infected and rush to check. BTW my last check was 7 week and 3 days.....(results negative)...had a Determine test !!!......Hope its conclusive !!! Man o Man...days arent passing !!!!!!!! hope to hear from you soon !!!!!! thanks

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Since you used a condom during vaginal sex, you effectively protected yourself against HIV. You should continue to use condoms for each and every act of vaginal or anal sex. In addition, I would suggest getting tested every three months just to be safe.

If you continue to use a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex then I am confident you will remain negative.

In health,


Need your answer Plz Dr Richard
worried hairstylist

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint