Condom broke during sex

Hi Doc, While I was having sex with a partner, the condom broke. I knew it immediately and withdrew immediately. There were few semen inside when I did. I removed the broken condom immediately with a tissue and put on another one to continue since my partner requested to. Now, I'm quite worried that I might acquire HIV after everything. It has been around 2-3 weeks and I haven't taken any PEP. May I get any suggestion? Thanks

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

The likelihood of HIV transmission in this case is extremely low. It was one-time, brief, and you were the insertive partner. I do not think you need to be concerned.

I do not think you need to test for this incident. You can wait until your next regularly scheduled round of STD testing (including HIV).

In health,

Richard

Risk of HIV and when to Test
Need your answer Plz Dr Richard