Risk of HIV and when to Test
May 30, 2013
Dear Dr. Richard Cordova,
I have two quick questions,
1) I was so stupid to perform oral sex (I was giving not receiving) on a woman I don't know for not more than 20 seconds. I wonder if you could give me an indication of the risk of contracting HIV from this (I am really concerned!)?
2) When is the very earliest date - after the incidence - that I could undertake a combi-test?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Response from Mr. Cordova
1: Not very likely. In fact, I'd almost want to say "no risk".
2: I do not think you need to test for this incident. However, if you needed to test for your peace of mind then 90 days from the incident will provide you with a conclusive result.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Sharing A Drink?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching Feces?
- Can Someone Catch AIDS From Kissing Cold Sore?
- Can U Get HIV From Bleeding Gums?
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- Do People Catch HIV From Sex With Stripper?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.