Risk of HIV and when to Test

Dear Dr. Richard Cordova,

I have two quick questions,

1) I was so stupid to perform oral sex (I was giving not receiving) on a woman I don't know for not more than 20 seconds. I wonder if you could give me an indication of the risk of contracting HIV from this (I am really concerned!)?

2) When is the very earliest date - after the incidence - that I could undertake a combi-test?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

1: Not very likely. In fact, I'd almost want to say "no risk".

2: I do not think you need to test for this incident. However, if you needed to test for your peace of mind then 90 days from the incident will provide you with a conclusive result.

In health,

Richard

Please help! Carnt stop googling symptoms am really scared
Condom broke during sex