Serodiscordant Question Regarding Oral Sex

Hello there, I have been HIV positive since 2008, started Atripla in 2011 and have been undetectable with a steady CD4 range around 500 ever since. I am dating someone who is negative, and when we have conventional sex we always use protection, but my concern is unprotected oral sex. I have never ejaculated during oral with my negative partner, but I do have pre-ejaculate every time. With my health being in relatively decent shape after being on Atripla for years, do you think pre-ejeaculate and oral are risky? My partner and I have discussed it and we are both aware of the minimal risks associated with oral, but I would just like an experts opinion on the matter. Thank you so much.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in. In your case, I think the likelihood of transmitting the virus to your partner is fairly non-existent. My only suggestion would be for your partner to avoid brushing or flossing his teeth within two hours of performing oral sex. This will help eliminate the possibility of there being any cuts or abrasions in his mouth. When he does floss, he should do it firmly. Flossing firmly will help toughen up the gums and again lower the chances of there being cuts or abrasions in his mouth when he does not want there to be any.

I hope this helps.

In health,

Richard

tesing
Hiv from london escort possible?