Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

from Malaysia with blowjob
May 30, 2013

Doctor, sir, I am a 26 year old student from Singapore. I was forced to give a blowjob at a gay party in Malaysia. Not once, but three times to the same person. It was unprotected and he ejaculated in my mouth. I was bleeding slightly because when I washed my mouth, I saw some blood. This happened last week. Never done this before. I did not make a police report because I think I could be in trouble due to Malaysian laws. While I wait to take a HIV test, would you be able to give me any peace of mind? What, in your view, is the risk of a person giving unprotected oral sex to a HIV+ person (I would have to assume he is)? Thank you very much. You do marvellous work here.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were forced to participate in sex that you didn't want. No one should have to go through that.

In terms of your risk for HIV, oral sex (a blowjob) is considered to have very little risk for HIV. Another way to say that, is that we don't see that happening very often.

There's no specific reason to think that this person was HIV+, but to know for sure it's important that you find an HIV test to take at 3 months after the incident. That way you can know your status and move on from there.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out again,

Erik

Previous
am i at risk
Next
very scared - ARS ? Hiv risk ?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.